Chris Peng, San Antonio Immigration Attorney
What we do, and how we feel.
by Christopher Peng
Are you currently looking for an attorney to help your family or loved ones? The San Antonio area has many immigration attorneys to choose from. Some have been practicing immigration for a few years, and some for decades, but the most important thing to remember when you are shopping for an attorney is: You are the boss, and the final decision maker; take your time and make an informed decision before choosing a lawyer.
Many of the best attorneys in major cities like San Antonio offer free consultations, take a day to visit a few and compare their services, prices, attitude – but most of all, have them walk you through the process. Make sure you won’t get stuck in a paralegal phone tag nightmare, make sure you won’t get bounced around between 5 attorneys, make sure they won’t charge you more mysteriously in the future for work they already anticipated! Have your attorneys lay out all of the charges in front of you for you to see. Finally make sure you meet the attorney who will be doing the work, as this is your representative and personal advocate through this entire, long, and often frustrating process.
Immigration procedures can top a year or more in some instances. It’s a great working relationship with your attorney, that will help to alleviate your stresses and concerns. It’s an experienced, hard working, honest lawyer, law office or law firm that will eventually persevere and get you the results you want
You have nothing to lose when visiting a potential attorney, and if you feel like you are being strong-armed, pressured, or even coerced into making a decision – remember, you are the boss. Demand to speak with another attorney in the office, make another appointment if one isn’t available, or if you have to – just say “thank you”, get up, and walk out. You should always leave your new attorney’s office feeling happy, and confident that you made the right decision. Just like “bedside manner” with physicians, it is a fact that not all lawyers treat their clients the same.
As I always say to my clients – as a lawyer, I can’t “100% guarantee” a result in any court of law. What I can guarantee however, is that my office and I will always devote 100% of our efforts into every case, for every client. I guarantee my experience, honesty, hard work, dedication, and a direct open line to reach me, or anyone you want in my office, anytime. I treat the attorney-client relationship with the highest regard.
Our office offers services for many immigration applications and processes, as well as deportation defense and comprehensive representation before US Immigration Court.
Some processes offered are:
- I-130 / I-485 / Consular Process – Petition for Family Relative / Adjustment of Status
- Interviews Attended
- N-400 Naturalization
- N-600 Acquisition of Citizenship
- VAWA – Violence Against Women’s Act (Abused Husbands Eligible)
- Deportation Defense
- Removal Defense
- Bond Hearings / Redetermination
- I-751 – Removal of Conditions
- I-601 Waivers
- New Waiver of Hardship – I-601A
- 245i – LIFE Act
- I-360 Special Immigrants
- DACA – Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals
- E-1/E-2 Visas – Treaty Trader / Treaty Investor Visas
- L1A, L1B – Intra-company Transfer
- EB1(A,B,C), EB-2, EB-3 – Extraordinary Ability, Outstanding Professors and Researchers, Multinational Manager or Executive
- EB-5 – Regional Center, Self-Directed EB5
- H1 & H2-B, H1 & H2A – Temporary Worker Permits (Agriculture, specialty, unskilled, skilled)
- TN Visas – Treaty Nation Visas
- F-1 Students / OPT / Transfers
- B1/B2 Visitor Visas
- I-539 Application for Visa Extension
- Change of Status
- Consular Process Preparation
- Comprehensive Immigration Defense and Legal Advise
- I-924 Regional Center Consulting / Formation / Development / Business Planning
- EB-5 Feasibility Studies & Reports
- Comprehensive USCIS Business Plans / Company Formations / Corporate Structuring
- Business Feasibility Studies / Business Reports & Plans
If you live in the city, or surrounding area, and are currently looking for an attorney or firm, please give our office a call. Although we fully understand you may not hire us, we will still do our best to provide the best legal consultation and advise possible. By treating our clients right, we are only increasing the credibility and reputation of the San Antonio legal community.
All content by Christopher Peng